Greek god of wine and revelry, a later name of Dionysus, late 15c., from Latin Bacchus, from Greek Bakkhos, perhaps related to Latin bacca "berry, olive-berry, bead, pearl." Perhaps originally a Thracian fertility god.
1. Bacchus, like so many grapes planted for still wines in England, is an early - maturing German variety.
2. Soon the attendants returned who had been dispatched to seize Bacchus.
3. Greek Mythology Roman Mythology Of or relating to Bacchus.
4. Greek & Roman mythology a priest or votary of Bacchus.
(希腊 和 罗马神话)酒神巴克斯的牧师或信仰者.
5. Greek Mythology Roman Mythology A priest or votary of Bacchus.