northern branch of Semitic language group, 1834, from biblical land of Aram, roughly corresponding to modern Syria; probably related to Hebrew and Aramaic rum "to be high," thus originally "highland." Aramaic became the lingua franca of the Assyrian empire and later for centuries was the official language of the Persian kingdom and the daily language of Israel at the time of Christ.
1. Nim's lips moved silently, stumbling over the ancient Aramaic words.
2. Although Assyrians switched to Aramaic, it was not wholesale transplantation.
3. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew, with a sprinkling of Aramaic.
4. Some of the artifacts contained inscriptions in the ancient Aramaic language , It'said.
通讯社声称,一些史前古器物含有用 古亚拉姆 语提的碑铭.
5. When they heard him speak to them in Aramaic, they became very quiet.