fem. proper name, alternative form of Anna, from Latin Anna, from Greek, from Hebrew Hannah (see Hannah). In U.S. black slang, "white woman," also "a black woman who is considered to be acting 'too white;' " also Miss Ann. She is the spouse of Mr. Charlie.
1. Ann Bradley dispels the old wives' tales and gives the medical facts.
2. She bought Ann two bras and six pairs of knickers.
3. Mary Ann doesn't want to have children. Not right now, anyway.
4. Molly had cringed when Ann started picking up the guitar.
5. He was still twitchy and we awaited Ann's return anxiously.