- n. 美国人，美洲人；美国英语
- adj. 美国的，美洲的；地道美国式的
TEM4 CET4 CET6
- 1570s (n.); 1590s (adj.), from Modern Latin Americanus, from America (q.v.); originally in reference to what now are called Native Americans; the sense of "resident of North America of European (originally British) descent" is first recorded 1640s (adj.); 1765 (n.).
- 1. Very likely he'd told them he had American business interests.
- 2. Early American weathervanes were most often cut from flat wooden boards.
- 3. She has had many credits and name-checks in American Vogue.
- 4. Today's Security Council resolution will be a significant success for American diplomacy.
- 5. The continued bleakness of the American job market was blamed.
[ American 造句 ]