sea between Greece and Asia Minor, 1570s, traditionally named for Aegeus, father of Theseus, who threw himself to his death in it when he thought his son had perished; but perhaps from Greek aiges "waves," a word of unknown origin.
1. Spyros Latsis started his career as a humble fisherman in the Aegean.
2. I'd love to go diving in the Aegean.
3. Athens is often called the queen of the Aegean.
4. They had come down among the Aegean cities and islands some centuries before 1000 BC.
来自英汉非文学 - 历史
5. For the first time Athens became an Aegean power to be reckoned with.